By Darren Soto
Adults need to get on board.
The people of Orlando still feel the pain of the Pulse nightclub attack like it happened yesterday. We stand with Parkland. We stand with every community that has suffered as we have.
We stand with every American who says “ENOUGH!”
We tried for sensible gun reform after Sandy Hook, after the Pulse attack, and after countless other tragedies. This has to be the time we break through the NRA stranglehold preventing sensible steps that large majorities of Americans support.
Here’s my “Gun Safety Action Plan”:
1. Universal background checks
2. Keep guns away from those who are a danger to others or themselves
3. Ban assault weapons and bump stocks
4. Create Red Flag System — gun-violence restraining orders
5. No Fly, No Buy — bans guns for those on FBI terrorist watch list
Call your Congressional and State legislators and make your voices heard. And stay tuned because this movement is only beginning.