WASHINGTON, D.C. –With the presidential election only seven weeks away, we need your help in ensuring that Latinos turn out in record-breaking numbers. All of us can play a critical role by helping register eligible voters. September 27th is National Voter Registration Day (NVRD), and we are calling on our members and allies to help LULAC register voters nationwide. Since 2012, National Voter Registration Day has successfully helped raise awareness of the importance of voter registration and below are some easy ways you can get involved:
1. Host a voter registration drive in your community or college campus.
2. Add a voter registration button to your council’s website.
3. Send an email blast through your council list serve and to your friends and family urging them to register to vote.
4. Promote NVRD on social media using the social media toolkit.
5. Spread the word by getting other councils to join.
For those interested in joining National Voter Registration Day, LULAC will host an information webinar on Friday, September 23 at 12PM ET. Call-In: 563-999-2090 Access Code: 655575
Can we count on your support?
The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) is the nation’s largest and oldest civil rights volunteer-based organization that empowers Hispanic Americans and builds strong Latino communities. Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 1,000 councils around the United States and Puerto Rico, LULAC’s programs, services and advocacy address the most important issues for Latinos, meeting critical needs of today and the future. For more information, visitwww.LULAC.org.